Monday, October 31, 2011

Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hay NaNoWriMo!

This is the third consecutive year that I'm attempting to scribe 50,000 words in the span of 30 days. Considering I don't write on weekends, that's a buttload of words to churn. And none of these count. I don't expect to succeed this year, especially since I've been struggling like hell to get anything written. It isn't writer's block as much as it is comprehensive lack of motivation. Rough.

While I'm punishing myself at the keyboard, I may as well murder myself across the board. Never one for New Year's Resolutions, I'm going to take this opportunity to make some life changes. Hopefully for the better.

List items, in no particular order or logic:

Clean
Attic
Garage
Car
Desk
Mind
Corner of the room

Change banks
Change insurance carriers

Get Water Company to adjust bill
Enter receipts
Budget

Lose 40 pounds
Park far away and walk to work
50 pushups/situps per day (start with combo, work to individual)
No dessert or candy (today's Halloween. Niiiiiice.)

Write
The Want to Want
Boys' stories
Song for Les
Songs for boys
Chuck's FU story
Chuck's daughter's critique
Bill's critique
Ransom note

Tapioca

Home
Paint kitchen
Replace gas mower cap (gotta have something easy)

No Dominion
No inappropriate sites

Deposit Kitty and birthday checks

Lunches
Atchison
Tucker

Make mix CDs for Les/boys

I've not decided whether I'll invent a reward system; more likely, I'll assign an arbitrary number of points, much like "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" Whose life is it, anyway? Oh yeah. Mine.

I hope to log in at least a few times weekly to update progress. If you're a praying person, I could use your support. If you're not a praying person, I could use your encouragement. If you're a preying mantis, I could use a better bug management system.

Here goes nothing. And lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment