Friday, June 26, 2009

I take my sugar straight-up

Cherry PopTarts now advertise REAL FRUIT FILLING. Why? Will that inspire anyone that didn't formerly enjoy the artificial goodness to suddenly switch to PopTarts now that they're real, natural, dare I say - healthy? Was Kelloggs impacted enough by the recession that they felt it necessary to cater to nutritonists? As I opened a package of these environmentally friendly (no doubt biodegradable) toaster pastries, I was concerned that they'd sacrifice their taste in order to market to a new demographic. Screw the health-nuts! Let 'em make their own PopTarts! (No doubt they do.) Are they going to figure out a way to replace the hardened-toothpaste-textured icing with some kind of compote? Blasphemy!

It wouldn't surprise me if Kelloggs hired the same marketing campaign guru who used to pitch three liter bottles of Coke as "50% more than 2 Liters!" Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment