Thursday, August 20, 2009

All About Some About A Little About Me

Nearly 40 entries already? Wow, time flies when you're stockpiling minutia.

As I'm slightly less than inspired to concoct something witty, I thought I'd use today's entry to compose a series of autobiographical one-liners. 40% of my followers consist of my sister and a former roommate of mine, so they can feel free to comment and further flesh out the far-from-a-skeleton that is me.

* I watched the 1986 Superbowl with my best friend at the time, and we were convinced we were stoned on Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee raviolis.

* If you consider friends the kind of people who would never call the cops on you, I'm the wrong guy. I've done it before, and if I deem it necessary, I'll do it again.

* The only things I consistently do left-handed involve aiming. This is true for guns, archery, and urinating.

* I've been consistently informed that (1) I should be a teacher and (2) I remind them of Bill Murray. Try as I might, I can't think of a film in which Bill Murray was a teacher. Odd, that.

* If confronted with a decision, I'll first look for the right answer. If I can't find one, I'll search for the best answer. Lacking either, I'll move on to a good answer. I hate resorting to the lesser of evils to make up my mind. In those times when every option sucks, I'm not opposed to picking my route from a hat or coin flips.

* I hope to someday drop below 210 pounds, but I never expect to see 199 again. It's a slim margin. Without altering my diet, neither number is realistic. I could devote a day or section of this blog to my current mass index. Maybe I'll weigh myself in the metric system. I'm currently 16.4 stone. Who was the influencial guru that mandated a stone weighs 14 pounds? When they did, were they thinking of British currency? I'm very confused.

* Chocolate is always a good option. Even so, I'll never choose it over sex. I suppose I get to keep my man card for that.

* My favorite colors are secondary: purple and green. I own no pants of either color.

* Tapioca.

* I can curl my tongue or twist it sideways, but only with the right side on the bottom. When I manually quarter-turn it so the right side is up top, I can't maintain that position. That's supposed to deal with some genetic issue.

* Back in February, I did my Facebook 25 list. They felt funnier, more revealing, and better thought out.

* If money wasn't a concern, I'm not sure what I'd do. Maybe become a hanggliding instructor. Which is especially weird, considering my fear of heights and open spaces. I'm okay with low open spaces or enclosed heights, but the combo is unpleasant. I doubt I'll ever take my kids to the Grand Canyon.

* Speaking of phobias, I'm nervous around dogs and horses, and I don't like being a passenger in a car. It isn't that I don't trust your driving, it's just that I don't trust your driving.

* My deviated septum isn't significant enough to require surgery. I rather hoped it did, since I hit my medical deductible for the year and I'd like a remedy to my consistent sinus issues.

* I'm loud. Even when I whisper.

* I used to consider myself an optimistic realist - I saw life as it was and tried to find the best parts of it. That was a loooong time ago. Now I'm some kind of skeptical, cynical defeatist. I'm ready for that pendulum to swing back any day now.

* I wonder if my body somehow manufactures Prozac, because I rarely feel superhigh highs or superlow lows. That's not to say I'm even keel, but I'm relatively levelheaded.

* My skull is not flat.

* I have very few vivid memories of my childhood. Fortunately, the hazy parts are almost universally good recollections.

* If only I could accomplish more while sleeping, I could be a much happier person.

2 comments:

  1. As far as childhood memories, my favorite is how you never managed to win a coin toss. Dad would pull a coin (hard to believe it would have been anything greater than a penny) from his pocket and ask one of us "Heads or Tails?" No matter which way it landed, you ended up with the chore. It took YEARS for you to figure out that you never won.
    Then came that fateful day. The day you called out before Dad flipped the coin: "Wait... if it lands on heads, does it mean I have to do the chore or I get to choose whether I want to do the chore?"
    It was the first time I had to clear the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Tripper from Meatballs count as a teacher. He was a camp counselor...

    ReplyDelete