Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tids and other Bits

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's hard to be blissful when everyone calls me an ignoramus. Fine line, that.


Ennui and Apathy
Worked together, along with irony.
Typing at my computer keyboard, so bored, why not me?
(I actually worked a solid half hour on further lyrics, but I don't remember exactly how the song goes, I don't really want to hear it again, and I already wasted a half hour on further lyrics.)


Do sumo wrestlers all have outies? Have any of them thought about hiding a pencil in their navel to stick their opponent? God knows I wouldn't want to go in there looking for foreign objects.


Forfex. It's Latin for scissors. I know not whether some Latin children had specialized left-handed forfexes. For that matter, they could look at their language teachers and complain that it was a dead language, so what was the purpose of learning it?


Movie bombs always countdown. Some audibly tick or beep the last few seconds for exploding. Would it be too shocking/surprising to have it explode before someone spotted it? Isn't that kind of the point of a bomb? The less chance of defusing it, the better odds of it serving its purpose. Now that I've contemplated something about bombs, will someone from the government monitor my blog? There's one quick way to earn a following.


If the post office is going to keep increasing stamp prices, the least they could do is flavor the backs better.


My eldest son's three favorite things these days are Transformers, Star Wars, and superheroes. He's never seen either of the first two movies, nor a superhero film outside of The Incredibles. I'm certain this means he's seen too many commercials and toys. So I should turn off the television more often and let him read books. Except the books he reads are about Star Wars, the Transformers, and superheroes. Somewhere in this, there is a win situation. (When he grows up, he wants to be a superhero.) Plus, he tells a good joke:
Q: What did the one Transformer say to the other transformer?
A: Coo-coo-coo-coo-coo. (I don't know how to spell it, but it's the sound of a robot transforming.)

No comments:

Post a Comment