Thursday, July 2, 2009

Malaise or Mustard?

In my continual quest to drop thirty pounds, I'm learning my best hope may involve a chainsaw. Or I could take go shirtless and sprint top speed until I bellyflopped on pavement and sand myself down. Rock-hard abs? Skip the middle word and I've got it covered.

In a good week, I play basketball Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6:00, work out at a gym (only because friends are there; I could never motivate myself to go solo) the other three weekday mornings, yoga (like golf, I'm not sure if you "play yoga" or what) once or twice on my lunch breaks, pace myself with a walking group during Friday lunches, run a couple games of ultimate frisbee Tuesday nights, field and bat with my work softball team, play 18-36 holes of disc golf, and chase my sons. Tack on pickup games of football, dodgeball, or whatever other sport falls in season. Add coaching a U4 soccer team. I should be one of the most coordinated, well-sculpted Adonisseses(es) this side of Greece. And yet... good weeks are so rare. (Partial credit also belongs to my diet - or lack thereof.)

How many calories does typing burn?

No comments:

Post a Comment