Monday, July 6, 2009

Vainglorious Anonymity

I've not yet added sponsors or ads to this, as I don't fully comprehend the method, the purpose, or the advertisers who would want to attach themselves to my writing. On Storymash.com, it's often humorous to see what text searches relate to my stranger chapters, but I can't say I've ever followed one of their recommended links. Besides, I have to download the software to earn cash from these... entries. (Observations? Installations? Reservations?)

How long before I break the floodgates and announce this venture? I'm up to Week 3 now; does it still count as new? Should I amass several months of disciplined contributions to have a worthwhile backlog? Does it make any difference?

Writing is wonderfully awful. Authors crave recognition. I struggle to believe the altruistic few who claim they write for themselves, and yet, that's what I've claimed to do since June. Isn't this a cry for comments, validity? I have talent! Look at me! Read me! Love me! (How much do I suddenly feel like my five-year-old?)

I'm proud that I've maintained this weekdaily, and I hope to continue it as a discipline. Someday, if/when something I pen breaks into the mainstream, perhaps someone will dig this up to discover more about my writing roots. Until then, a few paragraphs each day keep the doctor away. That, and being healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment