Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Appetite for Restructure

A biologist studied and experimented enough with fruit genetics to create a Clementine orange that doesn't have seeds. I know of seedless grapes as well, and I've heard of seedless watermelons (though that would deprive the only reason for eating them). My limited knowledge recalls the only way for fruits to reproduce is with new seeds. If we keep conviencing ourselves of picking out the spitters, are we not reducing the flora on our planet? Who decided it was okay to play God and de-seed the garden of eatin'?

This morning, I ate two packages of Quaker oatmeal, Cinnamon Roll flavor. Later, I grabbed a leftover cinnamon roll from an attorney meeting. What are the odds of winning a lawsuit against Quaker oatmeal for false advertising?

My car radio crapped out months ago. It sporadically turns on, sometimes at full (and unadjustable) volume. Heaven only knows what station it will tune to, and it only plays a few minutes before going mute again. Last night, I adjusted my car antenna, so if I can't listen to bad music or sports radio, at least I can warn the planet about potential alien invasions. I'm generous in that (and only that) way.

My brother-in-law claims that I enjoy torturing small animals. Hmm. I need better parameters for "small."

At some point, candy manufacturers will start wrapping M&Ms individually. Then M&M minis. Seriously. How far can they go to make consumers believe they're not eating something bad for them? NEWSFLASH: If you buy something from an aisle that includes Mallo Cups, Big League Chew and Whatchamacallits, you're not a health nut. Let us eat, you nutritionist Nazis. And stop teasing us at Halloween with mini-bite-size-1/2 ounce morsels, or else I'm loading my leaf blower with Granola and coming to your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment